Who we are
Our website address is: http://solace-reflexology.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why
My name is Mrs Sally Popper MFHT, Reflexologist and owner of Solace Reflexology.
During your visit to me, I will gather some personal information from you in order to facilitate the treatment that you receive. There will be a detailed consultation which covers lifestyle and medical information, as well as basic personal information, such as identity, age, and contact details. This is used to create an individual treatment and the information will only be collected and stored by myself. I will not pass on any of your details to any third parties.
As I am a member of The Federation of Holistic Therapists, I follow their code of conduct. It recommends that clients should sign the consultation form at each appointment to demonstrate that the information has been received and remains current. I must review and update records on a regular basis, initialled and dated by you, the client.
According to the FHT, all client information must be held for 10 years after which it will be deleted or maintained if you continue to visit Solace Reflexology. Your information will be filed as a hard copy, marked ‘confidential’ and not kept electronically. It will be stored securely in a locked room. No one else will have access to this information. You can request to see the information you have given me at any time.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you think that there is a problem with the way in which I am handling your personal data.
I will store your email, phone and address for the legitimate interest in being able to communicate with you and give appointment reminders. I will never pass on these details to a third party and I will review this policy and inform all clients of any changes.
COVID-19 safe practice update August 2020
Having carried out regular risk assessment since 26th May 2020, these are the measures that I have put in place to ensure excellent hygiene practices and follow government COVID -19 guidelines as they are updated.
- Daily checklist of enhanced hygiene procedures. (This will be available to see in the lobby area)
- Thorough regular risk assessment, following government guidelines.
- On entry to Solace, clients will be required to wash their hands using the sanitiser provided or their own version.
- Clients will be asked to limit the contact with door handles and light switches.
- The sofa will be out of action for the foreseeable future and the plastic chair with no soft furnishing will be used for ease of cleaning.
- The use of face mask and a shield will be required by myself. Clients will be required to use a mask. Washable masks are available to use at Solace Reflexology.
- I will wash my hands frequently, before treatment and immediately after.
- All couch coverings, towels and my uniform will be washed after each client.
- A longer period of time will be given between clients to allow a thorough cleaning of the checklist items.
- The normal cancellation policy is put on hold. If the client or their immediate household has any symptoms of Covid 19, (high temperature, new persistent cough), they are to let me know. I will cancel their appointment without any risk of penalty.
- I will take my own temperature daily to monitor my own health and if my family or I have any symptoms, I will cancel appointments for the safety of all my clients.
COVID 19 DAILY CHECKLIST
Between each appointment, the following actions will be taken.
- Use an apron whenever cleaning and always wash hands before entering Solace.
- Wash the keys and keyring to the doors.
- Wash side doors and handles inside and out with anti bacterial spray.
- Wash the door, frame and handles of the main entrance to the room, inside and out.
- Wipe down the hand sanitiser bottle for client use.
- Wash the light switches, entrance, bathroom and main room.
- Wash the lobby worktop.
- Wash the white units and the handles.
- Clean the toilet and sink area, wash the soap dispensers, change towel.
- Wash the door handles and frame to the bathroom.
- Wash the window handles.
- Wash the white chair.
- Wash the white trolley.
- Wipe my stool.
- Clean all the soft furnishings on the couch and wipe over the cleanable couch cover.
- Clean the switch to the salt lamp and the diffuser.
- Wash the small green table.
- Wipe the pens and pencils and the clipboard and diary.
- Spray the fabric boxes.
- Use a disposable bin liner for the dirty laundry.
- Hoover the carpet and mop the lobby and bathroom floor.
- Wipe the plug sockets.
- Wash water bottle.
- Ensure good ventilation.